Our Tours & Events Calendar
Please find below our Events Calendar. Due to the number of events, it is easier to navigate from a laptop/desktop PC.
From mobile, you will need to click on a certain date to display the events being held. To know how many places are left, and/or purchase tickets, please click on the specific event you are interested.
Information on how to book with a voucher is available at the end of this page.
WSET Level 2 Award in Wine
Take your wine knowledge to the next level! With WSET Level 2, you will learn about the most important grape varieties and the different styles of wines they produce. And of course, you will taste a lot of great examples!
The Level 2 Award in Wines is a proper wine course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level. You’ll gain knowledge of the most important grape varieties in the world, the regions in which they are grown and the styles of wine you can make with them. Expect a mix of history, geography, viticulture, winemaking and business. Get ready to understand why different wines styles taste different, discover the basis of quality assessment and learn how to describe these wines like a pro.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING FOR WSET LEVEL 2?
1. Those employed, or looking to be employed, in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of wine or alcoholic drinks in general.
2. Those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study wine using a structured curriculum and formal assessment.
3. The course is an absolute must for anyone considering pursuing a career in the wine industry.
4. Those who wish to progress on to the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course, as the L2 is a requirement in the majority of cases.
At a glance:
- 40 + wines tasted
- 16 hours tuition
- 12 hours home study
- 60-minute multiple-choice exam
Please note: you do not need to have completed the WSET Level 1 to register to Level 2, although it would certainly be of help!
Once you’ve gained the Level 2 Award you can opt to continue with the following Level 3 and the very sought-after Level 4 or Diploma in Wines, one of the most highly-regarded and difficult wine qualifications in the world!
WHEN AND HOW MUCH
This course is completed in two days:
- Saturday 13th April 10-6 pm (includes lunch break)
- Saturday 20th April 10-6 pm (includes lunch break)
Course cost £485 which includes:
– all wine tastings and lectures, course material, examination fee, certificate and label pin
– a voucher for a free Wine Tour & Tasting at Stanlake Park, valid for 12 months
→ Stanlake Park Lunch & Tasting: £15 per person (includes a wine flight with three Stanlake Park samples, and a light lunch consisting of local cheese & charcuterie, locally baked sourdough bread and butter. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options available; please mention any preferences at the time of booking).
→ Stanlake Park No-booze Lunch: £13 per person (includes a non-alcoholic drink and a light lunch consisting of local cheese & charcuterie, locally baked sourdough bread and butter. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options available; please mention any preferences at the time of booking).
A range of nibbles, snacks and hot drinks is available to purchase from our Wine Bar & Shop. See all our offerings here.
How to book
-> To book the course, please email Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment. You can also buy an open dated voucher for this course!
Please note, none of the Stanlake Park vouchers or Gift Cards are valid for any WSET courses.
-> To purchase one of the optional lunches, please visit this page or email email@example.com
Questions about the course? Email Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the venue or the lunch/optionals? Email Natalia at email@example.com
Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking, and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style, and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
COURSE DELIVERY AND MATERIALS
- Study Materials: Students will receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course study pack upon arrival at school. This consist of the course textbook (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes), and a laminated tasting card.
- Recommended Private Study: You should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 14 hours to study time outside of the classroom.
- Examination: 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% is required to pass.
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
Special Educational Needs: Please make the School aware if you have a condition that may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
How to book using a voucher
Vouchers and gift cards are usually valid for our standard tours, but not to book courses or special events. Please read carefully the event description to know if your voucher is valid for this event.
If you have a voucher or gift card that was issued by Stanlake Park directly, please purchase the number of tickets needed and add your code at checkout – with no hyphens or spaces; the discount will be applied automatically.
Please note: a supplement might be requested on some tour dates.
If you need more tickets than your voucher allowance, you will be asked to pay only for those extra tickets at checkout.
If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to refuse vouchers which we believe have been tampered with, duplicated, or otherwise affected by fraud.
If you have a voucher from one of our partners (Virgin Experiences, Buy a Gift, Into the Blue, Red Letter Days, etc), your voucher code won’t work at checkout.
To book a tour, please choose a date with enough availability for two guests on our Events Calendar, and then email email@example.com stating:
* Name and Surname
* Voucher Serial Number
* PIN (only for Virgin Experiences vouchers)
* Date and time of the preferred tour
* Contact number
You will receive an email confirmation within one business day.
Please note: a supplement might be requested on some tour dates.
Please note that all third-party vouchers are valid for two guests on a Wine Tour & Tasting only, and we can’t offer upgrades to any other experience, even if you are willing to pay the difference. Sorry about that.
If you have questions about your voucher, or it has expired and would like to receive an extension, please contact your voucher supplier.
Please note that we are no longer part of the nationwide Activity Superstore offer, even if your voucher might list us as an available venue. For any enquiries regarding this, please contact Activity Superstore as they are the voucher issuers.